Monday, August 18, 2008

Blogging has its privileges III

Having already met really great people from blogging about my collection (some would say obsession) to being featured in the papers, I'm glad to say that I am now a small part of the GIjoe community :) Thanks to Mark Otnes from Illinois, I am now part of a worldwide community of 1:6 collectors featured on his site. The site is truly amazing when you see the kind of detailing and effort some collectors put in to customising dioramas; there's even a 1/6 scale locomotive complete with carriages on a train track plus telephone poles. When I started collecting Action Man and GI Joe more than ten years ago, I would never imagine that I would become part of a GIjoe Collections website so it was a really nice surprise when Mark wrote and asked if I wanted to be in. Hell yeah!!

Check out the write-up here :)

9 comments:

cosmicbaby said...

wow!you are da-man!

alex teo said...

heh! heh! no lah, just lucky to be found on the web. so sad you couldn't come yesterday, maybe another time

Kenny said...

Congrats dude.

alex teo said...

thanks kenny - don't forget aug 31 :)

Shaun said...

congrats bro! they should've featured you way earlier!

alex teo said...

yo shaun, does it mean you're back from the jungles? how many for aug 31?

Shaun said...

hey alex, should be four tops, haven't confirmed with mizu whether tim's coming along.

alex teo said...

Dat's cool with moi. c u all soon :)

Kenny said...

Don't worry, I haven't =)