Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff AKA Black Widow (Hot Toys 1/6 Black Widow Review II)

Continued from the previous post...

More pictures taken of Hot Toys MMS (Movie Masterpiece Series) 1/6 Black Widow female figure from "Iron Man 2" movie and posted here. While the Black Widow / Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) headsculpt is GREAT and the 12-inch body used is "hubba hubba"-licious, the movie-accurate but unfortunately too tight and too restrictive costume prevents her from taking on more extreme poses so these are as good as it gets (for me anyway; I'm not going to go extreme on her in case I rip her clothes right off as it's already very very tight ;p)



So here she is, armed with her Walther PPK .32. Interestingly, only the extra left hand which is included as part of the accessories can grip this handgun properly as the right pistol-gripping hand is designed to hold the larger Heckler & Koch USP Compact pistol. In this picture, the right hand is the other spare hand provided, other than the standard relaxed hands shown in the previous post.


I don't know if you have noticed but I actually removed her chest "implants" so that her bust is less ample and the result is she looks less TOP heavy. The implants are two hard plastic shaped discs placed under her soft rubber chest to boost her bust size but it just makes her look odd. The pictures of Hot Toys Black Widow in the previous post still had them (the "before" pictures) and the photos shown here are the "after" pictures.


Black Widow customarily wears two bracelets equipped to discharge the "widow’s bite," high-frequency electrostatic bolts of up to 30,000 volts, capable of stunning even a superhuman opponent at a range of at least 20 feet, shoot tear gas cartridges and act as a radio transmitter.


Hot Toys calls them "a pair of bracelets with multiple-bullet design"


As I mentioned in the previous post, Hot Toys Black Widow from the "Iron Man 2" movie is armed with a Walther PPK .32 and Heckler & Koch USP Compact. The USP sits nicely in the drop-down holster attached to her utility belt which has pouches and mini discs. These are supposed to be plastic explosive discs equivalent to 4 pounds of TNT. I wonder where she is supposed to hide her PPK.


This Black Widow femme fatale certainly has all the curves, in the front and at the back. Apparently this TrueType body has quite a  good range of articulation as some collectors have stripped away the costume to confirm this. As for me, the outfit stays even though it makes her less flexible.



Here she is with Heckler & Koch USP Compact in her right hand and Walther PPK .32 in her left hand



This one's a looker for sure. When I started collecting 1/6 scale figures, I told myself I would not be collecting Barbie dolls (so as to stay focused) but as time went on, my 12-inch female figure collection has grown quite a bit too. But they are mostly still action figures :) FEMALE action figures



For me, this one's still a keeper, even with the restrictions to movement and articulation because of the stealth suit and the lack of any other accessories. She IS Scarlett Johansson, nuff said :)


NEXT: check out Scarlett Fever: Comparing the two Hot Toys Scarletts i.e. Black Widow / Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) and Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson) Female Action Figure from "The Spirit" movie.

2 comments:

AlleyOop said...

Love Black Widow but as a collector, my budget is limited. WISH I could rationalize paying $500 for a doll but, alas, I just have to be happy with checking out your blog. So, thanks.

alex teo said...

YOWSA! $500 is way too much. I paid way less for it because I pre-ordered it and got a great deal from my supplier :) thanks for checking the blog. Cheers!