Thursday, May 16, 2013

Enterbay SUCKS and here's WHY! Buy at your own peril (Consider Yourself Warned!)

From day one, Enterbay has been nothing but trouble! I read about and heard so many scary stories about their quality issues that I dare not buy anything from them even though some of their prototype products looked really good but sadly, they have always failed to deliver. With the recent release of their Michael Jordan figure, their Quality Control (QC) issues have again surfaced and collectors are feeling cheated and being treated unfairly when buying Enterbay stuff. So much so that they are ranting and letting it out on the forums.


Here are some cut-and-paste for your interest:

"Passion for Perfection"...ain't that a joke!

Let me first apologize if you think I'm ranting, but at least it will be my last rant about Enterbay as I will never buy from them again.

Firstly, lets forget about the unscrupulous shite they did with the distribution of the Jordan 45...I'm here to inform you about the new 23 figures.

As you may or may not know, the first batch of Jordan 23 figures had some serious QC issues. It was their first release and they were diligent in rectifying the issue...so fair enough. Their second batch was due out on May 2nd (give or take), but via Facebook they informed everyone that they were still having issues and so delayed the release to May 12th. At this point, I thought I really would never have a shot at this considering how HK works (if you don't know, take a look at ebay and see where all the sellers are from).

On May 12th, I so happen to be in the area, so I thought I'll try my luck. Surprisingly, there was stock!!! Here was the catch... they only accepted cash and you could not look at the figure up close. At that point, I was already too happy to be able to buy this and thought nothing of it. When I got home and finally had a good look, I see that one knee was completely screwed up (because the lower leg flaps were too long, when you bend the knee, the flaps flare out).


Tonight, I went to get this exchanged. I was forced to wait three hours because Enterbay only allowed 7 days for any exchanges, despite all the pre-conditions they imposed. No exceptions. To make matters worse, they took the body and told me it'll take another 2 weeks before I could get anything back. Are you serious?!!! If I may remind everyone, this is a $260 figure.

It is pretty obvious to me that they knowingly sold some defective items, and then had the nerve to make their customers come back to fix the crap they sold. "Customer is always right" is definitely not a model that Enterbay follows.

Last point, if you are not convinced, while everyone waited on line for hours to get exchanges... anyone who wanted to buy a Jordan figure could go straight to the counter. And I'm pretty sure this is the same batch that I picked up only three days prior. Now that is one honest company.

If you purchase from them, I wish you guys / gals the best of luck. I am done with Enterbay.

In comparison, I've bought four times as many Hot Toys figures than Enterbay, and not once did I have any problems. HT is rarely on time with their releases, but at least they release it when they are ready.

Other comments posted:

They had a lot of QC problems ever since their Bruce Lee line.

Enterbay told me it's OK to cancel the order but a month later, they still charged to my credit card without shipping anything. I wrote several emails to their CS (Customer Service) and received no reply. I was forced to contact the credit card company to file a charge back. This is first time I had to dispute an order and that just shows how much Enterbay cares about customers and their reputation.

Same reason why my local retailer stopped bringing in Enterbay products after all the unresolved issues. Too many Quality Control issues and no solution from them. Enterbay thinks that they can win people over with their preview products and people are silly enough to bite even though their prices are HIGHER than Hot Toys!

After all the problems and issues, I'm quite surprised that Enterbay is still around. I guess there are people out there who are still unaware of all this happening so I feel compelled to sound them off to anyone who might be considering buying from Enterbay. Stay far far away!

30 comments:

Quattro said...


If you have luck with your figure and its not broken then the products are great.
I have an Enterbay 1/4 T800 and around 15 Hottotys figures and i can cleary say for 100% the enterbay figure is the best figure I have.
Quality, Leather, all guns are metal. The high detailed roses in the box. Just perfect.

Chris YS Carts said...

To think I ALMOST went ahead with the pre-order of their 1/4th Scale Joker, before discovering heaps of feedbacks about their poor customer service.

Back then I was new to this hobby, and while the pre-DX11 were all so expensive, I thought ENterbay may be the way to go.

But in the end, there were just so many negative feedbacks that I decided to bite my tongue and wait for the Hot Toys DX11, which arrived last week and is WELL WORTH THE WAIT!

Thanks for proving to me my decision was right about Enterbay.

elhoso said...

this guy is right.
Once I bought from their website a figure and the gun holster was too small for the gun. I email them, even I sent them pictures, and they simply told me there was nothing brong with it.

Dennis said...

Sad to say this but I agree with Alex argument. I have similar experience, dying to PO Jordan 23, but eventually did not.

There is one top complaint of EB, and that is their customer service. I once sent an email to them, only 1.5months later I receive a reply. Not acceptable at all.

alex teo said...

Having paid so much for a figure, one shouldn't expect to have to depend on LUCK for a good / perfect figure. That is totally unacceptable! If the figure costs that much money, then the company better ensure that the quality is top notch and said company better have their customer service staff on stand-by and ready to answer all queries promptly, especially when the product is unsatisfactory. On all counts, Enterbay has FAILED and potential buyers have to be informed to beware of their unprofessional attitude and behavior!!!

Male Doll World said...

Thanks for the information. I bought the David Palmer figure and both feet are broken.

Anonymous said...

The only EB product I have is the 1/4 Batman. The only QC problem is a missing magnet for the cape. Each side is supposed to have two - one inside the suit and one outside. I was missing the one outside. This didn't bother me much since the inside magnet still does the job.

I've also had some of the magnets on the belt pouches fall off. I don't consider that QC but rather a poor design decision. Why use double stick tape instead of glue?

Having said that, I agree that poor QC is inexcusable for products this expensive. I know stay away from HT due to the wrist pegs, deteriorating rubber and such. I have a War Machine figure snap in half!

Fat Gecko said...

Not only the QC, but also the inaccuracy/unpredictability of their prototypes vs. actual released fig. A good example would be their GOD BL. What a disaster. I would understand if prototype vs. actual release would be different but not to that extent. Their Storm Warrior Godless is pretty good, but the rest of the characters...Leon is my final EB purchased. Goodbye EB.

humanbeingill said...

I have just a handful of Enterbay's creations and the ONLY thing lucky that I've come across was my IP Man's white shirt under the robe was NOT passed through the left arm for some reason, meaning I had to take my Hugh Ogar-like hands and unbutton All 13 or so tiny fabrics fasteners along to robe fix the shirt and YUP, rebutton those same tiny fasteners that seemed even smaller now because of my cramped fingers. It took like 30-40 minutes I SWEAR! I wanted to scream.....

alex teo said...

Mitch Silva commented on facebook:
I hope Enterbay Bill or Natalie Enterbay read all the bad comments and do something... Every 1/6 group in the net share the same bad comments. It's like they are treating us like stupid people... Teaser and hype, and then sells crap! And they think they can get away with it. Always avoided their product and bec it's MJ, i too lunge in their trap... Now thinking of selling my PO at the same price...

TnoJ24 said...

Just got my Kobe Bryant figure yesterday and it was defective. The elbows won't bend, the hinges are completely immovable. I tried bending the elbows with little force and it snapped into two pieces. Really frustrated as it was my first enterbay figure. Sent them an email but no reply yet. I hope they replace it.

Anonymous said...

That's really sucks Alex Bro... I'm still considering to cancel my MJ PO for the past few weeks..

Jackie said...

I agree with all the negative feedback on Enterbay..but..
Demand seem to still be there..that's the only thing keeping them in business still..
eliminate the demand,(by boycotting their products) and they will shut down..

LEon said...

Thanks for the info Alex. I feel those bros who pay so much and didn't get the value they paid for.

Anonymous said...

Hi i also want to share that Hot toys has similar problems.
My Batman Michael keaton version peers system was broken, My batman Begins Bruce Wayne Exclusive which i queued for the longest time had two broken ankles. Went to Action city to tell them the issue and they took the broken items and shipped it back to Hong Kong. It took 7 months for them to fix it and get it back to me. Their QC is also getting Bad!!!! Many people had issues with the Batman begins Bruce Wayne exclusive as well. I collect tons of HOt toys and any i have not even opened yet. Dunno if there are any more problems.By the Way when i finally received my Michael Keaton HEAD BACK WITH THE PEERS SYSTEM FIXED... HE HAS BOT A COCK EYE!!! CROSS EYE. Sucks big time.

Kaido said...

I only own two Enterbay figures, Jack Bauer and Kato Bruce, and had problems with both figures. Jack Bauer's hair had some white dots on the back of his head and I had to touch him up. Then after being displayed for a couple of years, I take him out and his ankle simply falls off! I email EB to try and buy a new foot or body and the CS writes back to say they'll see if they have a spare bod to sell me. I never hear back. About two weeks later I email them back and I'm told in a very short email that they can't help me any more. To date Jack is still crippled and I don't know what to do... Kato, right out of the box has a gimpy hip joint and he can't stand on his own. Because I bought him off eBay I figured I was screwed given how they responded to me last time and immediately had to by the latest BL body of theirs, incurring another $50 or 60 needlessly. Even though they had Leon: The Professional, one of my favorite movie characters, I just had to pass because it's EB... My luck with Hot Toys hasn't been great either... ThreeA blows everyone away so far in terms of great customer service. I will give Medicom's CS a try one day as well, I've got a few broken figures there too, lol

Unknown said...

I have pre order the latest Michael Jordan. This is my first EB investment, hopefully this is not my last.

One Shot said...

Doesn't seem like Enterbay is actually the Rolls Royce of 1:6 scale figures like so many people claimed them to be. I really thought that MJ figure was really cool, it's too bad there are QC issues with it.

Unknown said...

Alex I agree in all the way about what you have written..

alex teo said...

Thanks for the support flavio :)

leonard leslie in indonesia said...

i thought i was the only one got robbed by enterbay. I bought my 1/4 scale HD T-800 in sealed brown box in Indonesia, only to discover that the right shoulder joint is SHATTERED IN LITTLE PIECES. May I remind you that this is one of their MASTERPIECE series, which cost me USD$3500!!!

i decided to repair it myself with the help of superglue, as i cannot exxhange the figure since i live in Indonesia. "Fortunately", (just try to be positive here) the shattered pieces are all accounted for, so i can fully reconstruct it to the way it should be. Anyone need to look at my "repaired" T-800 is welcome to visit me in indonesia.

Thats the first and LAST i will buy enterbay product. What a crappy QC!!! So much for "MASTERPIECE" line...

alex teo said...

Thanks for sharing, leonard leslie. I'm sorry for your bad experience with Enterbay as well. That's why everybody should voice their displeasure so that we all can be a voice that cannot be ignored! If Enterbay doesn't do anything, at least collectors all over will be aware of all these horrific issues and stop buying their products and boycott them!

guzmansbarbershop said...

Its suck cause alot of my figures I have are sealed in the box.and I hate to have to crack the seal just to make sure they did the job right...my hot toys Michael Jackson triller leg kept falling off and I was having a hatd time putting it back on

Unknown said...

@lex I really want to get the enterbay MIB 3 figures can you give me abit of advice since this will be my first enterbay figures, I also collect Asmus, PAK and hot toys what company would you recommend for the best quality figures are? Cheers

alex teo said...

Hey Paul, I doubt anything can be done about Enterbay's poor quality standards if the company themselves don't want to do anything to improve :( Hot Toys is still up there in terms of quality. I buy my Hot Toys from an official Hot Toys distributor so that if there really is something wrong with the product, they can help find me a replacement or get an exchange. That is going to be difficult if I were to buy from an e-bay seller who only has just the one Hot Toys product. Cheers and all the best with your collection

alex teo said...

If you really must get Enterbay stuff after reading all the negative comments and feedback, then I guess you'll just have to bite the bullet and hope for the best that the ones you're getting are good. It just sucks to know that you cannot be assured of quality products when you pay such a high price for them.

Unknown said...

enterbay customer service is non existent. every manufacturer can make a mistake, but its how you put things right with customers that matters. rather than deal with problems and fix them, enterbay just ignore you. i was a huge enterbay fan at one point, but after being ignored for months after i had a problem with one of their items, i will never buy another enterbay product again. and speaking to a local supplier he said that they are shockingly bad even to their retailer network. all i can say is based on my experience, their quality control is sadly lacking and their customer service non existent. buy from them at your own risk.

alex teo said...

Thanks for sharing waldo. Sorry to hear about your own personal bad experience. My own retailer also would not deal with Enterbay because they are NOT helpful even to retailers who are trying to sell their products on their behalf. BOO to EnterBay

Unknown said...

Same thing happened to my 23 red MJ. Bought it last year. Opened it up about a week ago. What i saw is the left leg is about 1-1.5cm shorter than the other, dull on the aj xi shoes...low quality jersey...and the court print on the base is not glued properly so it waving all over. Ended up...i got new body from ebay for 133$. What a waste for 260$ figure. This will be my last EB. For Eb...you might want change your "passion for perfection" slogan. You're not even close to "okay".

alex teo said...

EnterBay was recently at STGCC2014 but their booth seemed relatively quiet compared to the buzz around Hot Toys and The Falcon's Hangar booths. No local distributor wants to bring in their stuff because of all the quality issues.