Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Liam meets Neeson: Figure Club "Ducard" 12-inch figure side-by-side with 1/6 scale Bryan Mills

continued from previous post...

Two 1/6 scale Liam Neeson 12-inch action figures: kitbash Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills in TAKEN on the left (posted earlier HERE) and Figure Club 1/6 scale The League of Shadows "Ducard" Ninja Shadow Master 12-inch figure on the right. I've already reviewed the Figure Club "Ducard" figure in my toy blog posts earlier HERE and HERE. I had no intentions of getting this figure based on the preview pictures I saw but changed my mind when I saw the product in hand. The final produced figure looks so much better and I did not think twice about getting it. I'm glad I did because this figure is well produced and value-for-money. Which goes to show: GOOD preview / prototype pictures are very important to help sell / promote a company's product! So to all 1/6 scale manufacturers out there, you can reach me at cowpehcowbu@gmail.com (send me your prototypes and I'll show the world how good your product is)


Always like to put figures together for a group shot. In this case, a chance to see how these 1/6 scale Liam Neeson figures fare individually as well as with each other. Individually, I've covered these 12-inch action figures in my earlier toy blog posts but this is the first time I'm lining them up for group pictures. Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures of Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills in TAKEN and Liam Neeson as Henri Ducard / Ra's al Ghul in "Batman Begins"




Liam John Neeson (born 7 June 1952) is an Irish actor best known for his roles in Schindler's List, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Batman Begins, Michael Collins, Taken, Kinsey, The Grey, Clash of the Titans, Kingdom of Heaven, The Chronicles of Narnia series and Darkman. (source: wiki)


Liam Neeson starred in the action film "Taken" in 2008. Taken was a huge worldwide box office hit, grossing $223.9 million worldwide, making almost $200 million more than its production budget. Taken brought Neeson back into the center of the public eye and resulted in his being cast in many more big-budget Hollywood movies.


Neeson is commonly cast as a mentor and father figure (e.g. Oskar Schindler, Qui-Gon Jinn, Aslan, Zeus) so the revelation that his character was the main villain in 2005's "Batman Begins" was intended to shock viewers. Writer David Goyer said he felt he was the most complex of all the Batman villains; "He's not crazy in the way that all the other Batman villains are. He's not bent on revenge; he's actually trying to heal the world. He's just doing it by very draconian means."


Bryan Mills and Henri Ducard / Ra's al Ghul face-off!


Who would win?


Related post:
September 13, 2010 - We Are Ninja (group shot of a couple of 1/6 scale traditional ninjas)
September 14, 2010 - Modern Ninjas 1+2+3 (i.e. one (1) Storm Shadow, two (2) Firefly and three (3) Snake-Eyes)
July 30, 2011 - Kitbash 1/6 scale Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills in TAKEN posted HERE

No comments: