Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review MC Toys 1/6 scale Trialmaster Leather Jacket suit for "I am Legend" 12-inch figure

This is the latest Will Smith "I am Legend" Robert Neville I have put together and this one is the easiest because almost everything you see was released by MC Toys. This MC Toys 1/6 scale Trialmaster Leather Jacket suit was produced specifically so that you can kitbash your very own 12-inch Will Smith "I am Legend" Robert Neville action figure. All you need is the 12-inch figure body and 1/6 scale Will Smith head sculpt.


Just how many 1/6th scale Will Smith 12-inch figures are out there? Just this year alone, EnterBay and Dragon Models (DML) have both released Will Smith as Agent J 12-inch figures. See pictures of EnterBay's MIB3 Agent J figure HERE and my review of DML's Agent J in two earlier posts (HERE and HERE). Will Smith also impressed with his movie debut as CPT Steven Hiller, F16 Pilot in the movie "Independence Day (1996)". Hot Toys actually released a 1/6th scale Will Smith as Captain Steven Hiller figure way back - see pictures HERE. There is also a DML Will Smith as Police Detective Mike Lowrey from "Bad Boys II (2003)" - see pictures. That makes four Will Smith 12-inch figures. Other Will Smith head sculpts include one released by Loading Toys some time ago and another by Dr Figures (check out my review HERE)




MC Toys 1/6th scale Trialmaster Leather Jacket suit (Product MCF-016) comes with 1/6th scale Belstaff Trialmaster Legend Jacket, Belstaff Longway Triple Canvas Trousers, Belstaff Shoulder Bag 554, Palladium Pampa Shoes, Short Sleeve T-shirt and M4 Rifle. It does NOT include the 1/6th scale Head, 12-inch Figure Body or sunglasses (see picture below). But it's got almost everything you need to make / customize / kitbash your own 1/6 scale Will Smith "I am Legend" Robert Neville 12-inch figure.


Here's Dr Figures 1/6 scale CIA Field Operator 12-inch Figure with Will Smith head sculpt (reviewed HERE) wearing all of MC Toys 1/6th scale Trialmaster Leather Jacket suit which also includes the M4 rifle. Sunglasses NOT included in the set. The sling doesn't fit the weapon so I had to use my own from my stash (see my toy blog post HERE). The tactical light also does not attach to the M4 handguard rail. I had to use double-sided tape to secure it in place.


And here's my kitbash 1/6 scale Will Smith "I am Legend" Robert Neville 12-inch figure posing with his German Shepherd named "Sam". You can see more pictures of SAM in my earlier post HERE


Other than the mis-matched rifle sling and un-attachable tactical light which a little double-sdied tape could fix, everything on this MC Toys 1/6 scale Trialmaster Leather Jacket suit is GREAT. Oh yeah, one more thing - there's a small square sticker on the left jacket sleeve which comes off easily. Mine got lost the moment I started to put the jacket on.


Scroll down to see more pictures of this kitbash 1/6 scale "I am Legend" Will Smith as Robert Neville 12-inch figure using everything that is included with the MC Toys 1/6 scale Trialmaster Leather Jacket suit.


"I Am Legend" is a 2007 post-apocalyptic science fiction action film that stars Will Smith as an Army doctor who struggles to find a cure to the virus that has affected nearly the entire population of the world. Will Smith plays virologist Robert Neville, who is immune to a man-made virus originally created to cure cancer. He works to create a remedy while defending himself against the mutated creatures created by the virus. [source: wiki]


Neville is the last healthy human in New York City; the rest of the plague's survivors have degenerated into predatory, cannibalistic beings referred to as "Darkseekers" who hunt the immune humans as prey. The Darkseekers are so named for hiding during daylight due to a painful intolerance of UV radiation.


Neville's isolation is broken only by the companionship of his German Shepherd (named "Sam") and interaction with mannequins he has set up as patrons of a video store.


Robert Neville (Will Smith) uses a semi-automatic Colt AR-15 model that closely resembles an M4A1 carbine; this variant is referred to in the company's catalog as the "Law Enforcement Carbine", or the Model 6920.


Close-up views / pictures / shots of kitbashed 1:6 scale Will Smith "I am Legend" Robert Neville 12-inch figure. Like I said, I'm quite pleased with the outcome using MC Toys 1/6 scale Trialmaster Leather Jacket suit.


According to the internet, the LE Carbine is a semi-automatic-only variant of the M4 with a 16" barrel, but according to the Propstore of London, the weapon was modified to fire automatic for the film. His AR is also equipped with an ACOG (TA31 Series) sight attachment throughout the movie. The tactical light on the gun is a Pentagon MD3R.


Close-up of MC Toys 1/6 scale M4 assault rifle. How close or accurate this is to the weapon used in the film is beyond me. For a layman, it looks close enough to the one Will Smith as Robert Neville was seen using throughout the movie ;p


The MC Toys 1/6 scale Belstaff Shoulder Bag 554 looks pretty well made and it has all the nice details. You can unbuckle the straps just like the real bag.



The 1/6th scale Short Sleeve T-shirt, Belstaff Trialmaster Legend Jacket, Belstaff Longway Triple Canvas Trousers, and Palladium Pampa Shoes all fit very well on the 12-inch figure and the figure looks great wearing them :)


MC Toys has got themselves one very happy and satisfied customer, aside from the mismatched sling.



Other Will Smith as Robert Neville posts:
FEBRUARY 17, 2008 – I am Legend (2007)
DECEMBER 7, 2008 – I am Legend (2007) revisited
JANUARY 15, 2012 – Kitbash 1/6 scale Will Smith as Robert Neville from "I am Legend"

Other Will Smith 12-inch figures:
FEBRUARY 16, 2008 – Dragon Models Limited (DML) "Bad Boys II" Will Smith as Police Detective Mike Lowrey
AUGUST 16, 2012 – Dragon Models (DML) MIB3 (Men In Black III) 1/6th scale Will Smith as Agent J 12-inch Figure
AUGUST 18, 2012 – Review II: Dragon Models (DML) MIB3 (Men In Black III) Will Smith as Agent J 12-inch Figure

5 comments:

drewflu61 said...

I had the same sling issue and ended up using an alternate. I have the light issue also but have not gotten around to attaching it yet. I am using the Enterbay head which is the same used in MC's promo photo but will probably switch to the Loading Toys D-boy sculpt because it is more accurate to the movie and I am using a Dragon shepherd from their bomb disposal figure. All in all it ends up being a great looking figure.

Unknown said...

It is great.
Check mine if you want alex.
http://mysmallcharacters.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/soy-leyenda-figura-de-robert-neville.html

the logo of my jacket came off straight away, I had to stick it again.

Which body did you use? I used A TTL body and i could put the feet inside de boot. I may buy new boots for this figure.

alex teo said...

Yes drewflu61, it's a great looking figure indeed :)

Hi Jako, I've put your blog site on my toy blog list. GREAT site with very NICE pictures (two thumbs UP). I will be visiting your site regularly for updates.

I also used a TTL body for mine. Overall I am quite pleased with how it turned out. CHEERS

Anonymous said...

Hello , but this Action Figure is on sale ?
Thank you
Sergio

Email:ottonano2@libero.it

alex teo said...

Hi Sergio

Thanks for asking but this figure is not for sale

Cheers