Sunday, August 3, 2014

Review III: Sideshow Collectibles COBRA Ninja Assassin 1/6 scale Storm Shadow 12-inch figure

continued from previous post...

You can order this from Sideshow Collectibles

I was sold on this Storm Shadow figure when I first saw the preview pictures posted by Sideshow Collectibles HERE so I couldn't wait to receive this figure and pose this "G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero" COBRA Ninja Assassin 1/6 scale Storm Shadow 12-inch figure with his compound bow and arrows (four are included with this figure - all the box contents can be viewed in my review post HERE). We always know that Storm Shadow is a ninja and therefore very adept with his katana / sword and throwing stars / shuriken but we forget that as a ninja, he probably is just as skilled with a bow.


So here are pictures I took of Storm Shadow about to shoot an arrow using his compound bow. Like I mentioned before, the Sideshow Collectibles Prometheus body is not the best friend to collectors because it falls over too easily so some patience is required to get him into the poses that you want. Still I was quite pleased with how the photos turned out.

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.


Four arrows are included with the boxed set but no quiver is provided for storing the arrows. So I stick three of them with the 1/6 scale assault backpack that comes with this Sideshow Storm Shadow 12-inch figure and posed Storm Shadow readying an arrow for a shot with his compound bow. It's nice that the hand for holding the arrow is included with this figure. Many a time, you get accessories that the figure cannot hold or be posed with. Sideshow is the only company I know who gives you a wide variety of hands for posing, more than any other company.


Sideshow Collectibles "G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero" COBRA Ninja Assassin 1/6 scale Storm Shadow comes outfitted in a winter camouflage suit with hood and padded assault vest (removed), Forearm gauntlets, Shin guards, Ninja Tabi boots and Balaclava concealed portrait. His katana is slung over his right shoulder.


Storm Shadow carries the assault pack and climbing rope on his back. The rope is made entirely of wire so it's stiff and designed to be pose-able. For any real climbing, he would need all the gear and accessories from the Very Hot 1/6th scale U.S. Navy SEAL Polar Mountain Striker Uniform Set posted previously HERE


NEXT: Pictures of Sideshow Collectibles COBRA Ninja Assassin 1/6 scale Storm Shadow 12-inch figure with throwing star (shuriken) and claw (tekko-kagi).

You can order this from Sideshow Collectibles

Related posts:
April 11, 2008 - Storm Shadow, ninja warrior posted in my toy blog HERE
September 14, 2010 - Modern Ninjas 1+2+3 (pictures HERE)
January 5, 2011 - Arashikage Clan Warriors: Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow posted HERE
February 6, 2012 - Hasbro G.I. Joe Sigma 6 Storm Shadow COBRA Ninja Master Action Figure Review 1
February 7, 2012 - Review II: Hasbro G.I. Joe Sigma 6 Storm Shadow COBRA Ninja Master Action Figure

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good looking photos and without the stand those poses would be almost impossible. I put mine back in the box but kept the weapons on my computer desk. I love looking at the miniaturized engineering of the bow & arrow.

alex teo said...

Thanks Bill :) yup, love the 1/6 scale accessories too.